5/7/07

The long weekend....

Well my last set of sisterlocks were installed this past weekend. I must say, I was more nervous than I thought it would be. As she started
the first row, I thought to myself, "What if this time they were too small...just the opposite of the other set. Dang it, I should have just left well enough along." There were a couple of times I almost screamed stop. I want them larger. But then, if I had I done that, I would have been making the same mistake again. Plus, shouldn't I have learned from the last time that I need to leave the matter of size to the professional. Last time, I ended up with a mess. So, I did the impossible for me. I kept my mouth closed. Luckily, she turned the chair so I couldn't see what she was doing as she worked. But of course, every once in a while I managed to sneak a peek. The further along she got the more I liked it. So, I sat there on Friday for a total of 14 hours while she completed a third of my head. By the end of the night, regrets set in again. Why did I take my old set out? This is going to take forever. I at least thought by the end of the day she would have been half way done with my hair. But, now, just a third. It was a good thing I took a day off from work.

Then Saturday morning we started at 8:30. We were both so tired from the day before we decided to sleep a little later. So, I figured that she would be able to complet my head today. After all, the rest of the locs were going to be larger. Well, I was wrong. We spent 12 hours in the shop that day. I didn't want to stay too long because I needed to relieve my husband. He had been at home with both kids all day without any help. I knew he was going to be tired. Plus, Superman came this weekend and I knew how bad he wanted to see it. So, since he has been sooooo supportive through this whole process, he deserved some time to himself. It was good to be home...I missed my kids. One was in the bed, the other was still up ready to play. So, I gave her some love and attention. Before going to bed that night, I put on my Ayana loc pocket that had come in the mail that day! I was so excited. I had already decided Iwas going to better this time around. No more Talijiah Waajid Bodifying Mist in my hair. The first time, it never occured to me not to spray the stuff. It was a staple of mine. I guess not anymore. I'll be saving it for Amia.

Saturday evening we decided to get an early start the next day so that we wouldn't be in the shop so late. She started this time at about 7:15 Sunday morning. Both of us wanted to be out before dark. Only a third left to do. How exciting!!! My hair would be officially SISTERLOCKED by the end of the day. She had been counting as she went along. At that point, I had about 363 sisterlocks in my head. I kind of thought that the total number this time around would be 350. That would have been a big difference from the 280 that I had before. I was so excited Sunday, I manged to stay awake the entire time. At 5, I could see the end. Only half of a section was left. YES!!!! Before the last row and the very last sisterlock were completed, we took pictures. I never thought we get to an end. But, we did.
Here they are!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out great. I love the size. I too took out a set of sisterlocks to have smaller ones installed and better parting. I will follow your journey.

Maryee said...

It's such a great feeling to start a new chapter in your life! Looking good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am getting sisterlocks this fall. I had my consultation yesterday. I am curious, why did you take out your first installation of sisterlocks?