8/15/08

Long Overdue

Like in the previous post, still back and forth about my hair. I had it groomed a couple of weeks ago but for some reason, I never thought to take pics. I have been freestylin' since May up until about 2 weeks ago. It has been too hot to do anything to my hair. I did a set with the lockloop and lottabody. My curls lasted for a full week with me exercising 4 days a week. I didn't take pics then either.

I think the grooming Michelle did made a big difference. In all of the times I have set my hair, my curls never lasted more than a day. That's one of the reasons I decided to freestyle because the styles weren't lasting.

If there is anyone in the Charlotte area looking for someone to start or maintain your traditional locs or sisterlocks, be sure to give Michelle a call. She is wonderful!

My hair is finally feeling along the hairline. My edges thinned out during my relaxer days when I thought I was being messy and trying to make sure my edges stayed straight.


It's kind of difficult to see in the pic but my edges really are growing in. I even have enough hair now that two locks were started. But of course, there's the bead! The bottom pic is me trying out the headband again. I love my hair off my face but the pressure of the band gives me a headache.

3 comments:

LocRockn' said...

I have been stalking your blog forever. I have small traditional locs but I wanted to say that I have had my share of issues also. This is my 2nd set and I cut the first set right at the 2 yr mark. I like this set better-I am more patient with the changes and I let my hair do its thing. I tend to braid it in cornrows when I don't want to look in the mirror and pick at it. I have quite a few locs that are not completely loc'd but oh well!

LocRockn' said...

I also wanted to say that you have a pretty smile!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the compliment! Patience is something that I am learning this time around. I didn't think much about it the first time because there was a new born in the house.