3/12/08

Trying to keep up...

Things have been crazy at the beginning of 2008. Along with teaching, being married and caring for 2 small children, I started grad school in January. I figured I just keep the momentum after achieving my NBCT in November. I feel like with everything I'm doing, I'm playing catch up. Luckily the program is only a 1 1/2 years. I can do this. But combined with the 9 months that I worked on my boards, I'm exhausted. Hopefully, I won't change my mind between now and 1st summer session and stop.

My hair seems to be doing okay. The size of my locks is somewhat surprising. When I look back at the initial pictures taken at the time of installation, I remember wondering if I had made a mistake having them done over. Now, I can say that I absolutely love the way my hair looks. I love the size. From the pictures, you can't really see the difference between the two sets. The swelling at the ends is a little misleading. Although, my hair is shorter now than it was when they were installed back in May. I had so many loose and stray hairs, it was annoying so I cut them. My hair was different lengths because I took the first set out after 18 months. I had to cut more off in different sections of my hair when taking my locks down. I also cut it to try and even it up around my head.

Right now, I can't figure out what to do about my hair. It feels so hard!! I was using the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-in . After a while I realized that using that was making my hair feel worse than before. I read on Nappturality that someone else was having the same problem so she diluted it. I tried it because I absolutely love the smell of the conditioner. But, no luck. It wasn't as hard but it wasn't working either. I'll find someone to take it. But, it is definitely my last bottle.

I've been searching for a shampoo and conditioner to do my hair some justice. I know my hair is not going to be the same kind of soft as it was before when I wore it loose. But that doesn't mean that it has to take my husband's skin off when we hug. Through all of this, I have become a product junkie all over again. I've probably purchased at least 5 different shampoos over the last month and a half. Today, I purchased the clarifying shampoo and conditioner by Avalon. I don't know what the outcome is going to be once it dries, but my hair smells sooooo good! I'm crazy for great smelling hair products. Lucky for me I have a husband. He uses all of the shampoos I don't like.

So finally, here are pics....

These pics show a lot of fuzz!!!!
I did this by setting on Soft Spikes. The top front was rolled on the large size. I rolled the rest of my hair with the small ones.


No comments: