2/23/08

Settled!

Over the past few months I have had a time trying to find someone that I can settle down with to do my retightenings. During the month of December, the person that installed my sisterlocks could not be reached. I found someone right outside of Charlotte. She did a great job! But since my retightenings were taking about 5 1/2 hours the thought of driving 45 minutes home in the middle of the night was not to appealing but I was willing to do it if I had no other choice. Then, I ran into someone in Walmart that I knew who had just had her sisterlocks installed. It just so happened that the person that did her installation worked in her shop. An even bigger coincidence was that I had called her when I was looking for someone to install my second set but she was too far away(or at least I thought). The good news was that the shop is 5 minutes from my house. I met with Michelle a week ago and had an appointment for my retightening with her last night. It was great!!! I expected it to take the normal 6 hours that it had with the other retightenings. She did it in 3 1/2 hours!!!! I was so excited that I hasd difficulty going to sleep. I can now get my hair done during the week and not have to use my Fridays(unless I want) for my hair. I have options!!! I was at a point that I was just going to cut my hair and go back to a TWA. If anyone is looking for someone to install sisterlocks, I highly recommend Diane(if you live near Matthews) or Michelle is you are near 85/77.
.
These are pictures that I took as soon as I got home. I was so happy that I had to take pictures.
I did a set with soft spikes. The picture on top is of the curls right after removing the curlers. The other is a picture of finger combed curls.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I so love your locks!! The curls look so beautiful and full..

blackrussian said...

I don't have time to research your blog for the answer to this question, but I thought I remembered that you were in CLT. We're having an SL gathering this Saturday. Think you can make it? Check out my blog for details and RSVP if you can. I would love to see you there!

Docs Locs said...

I am so happy for you to have found someone close to you who works more quickly. I can't imagine a 5 hour retightening. Congrats!

DJT said...

your hair looks great! Have you ever thought of learning to retighten them yourself so when you're in a crunch you can just DIY?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your locs are so thick and full. I love them!