8/15/07

Someone is actually reading!

Okay, I'm trippin' right now!!!! I can't believe my blog is actually being read. Now, I just need to figure out how to respond to comments(assuming there is a way). Once school starts back and I'm settled into things with my new students I'll have some time. In the meantime....THANKS FOR READING AND COMMENTING ON MY BLOG!!! Who knew someone would actually read it.

The question was....Why did I take out my first set? Well, I know everyone's sisterlocks will look different. It's in the DNA. My hair didn't look bad but I wasn't satisfied with it either. As long as it was styled, you couldn't really tell. But freestylin', it was obvious. And since I planned on spending money to maintain them and I had to walk around with them on my head, I needed to be happy with my hair. So, the final blow came when I was at a Bobcats game and I saw this little girl with the most BEAUTIFUL set of sisterlocks!!! I was sisterlock envious. Plus, there were some locks in my head the size of a primary school pencil and others that were smaller than a regular wooden pencil. I know they are supposed to be different sizes but what business did the primary pencil have sitting beside the regular pencil in the front of my head. Besides all of that, the person I was going to was KILLING my head. I could see my hair coming out at the root. Plus, I had bumps in the back of my head. There was no way I could continue on that way. So, not only was I making a change with my lock size, I was changing consultants.

The person who does my hair now is wonderful!!! Who knew you could actually fall asleep during a retightening? I didn't. She listens to me when I tell her it's too tight. She doesn't FORCE the tool through. I was told by my first consultant that it HAD TO BE THAT TIGHT. I guess not. The biggest thing now, I'm happy with my hair!! Where parts aren't important to most, they are for me. I'm anal like that. I like being able to flat twist my hair and seeing the locks fall into place. I like to do flat twists with the knots. I wouldn't have worn my hair out with the first set because my parts weren't straight. I bet nobody would have even cared. At least nobody but me.

As for the progess of my hair....I've got balls forming on the ends. I don't remember how long before this happened with my first set. I was pregnant so, I wasn't exactly focused on the details of my hair.

I had planned on posting pics of my hair but now, I can't get my camera to transfer the pics. I promise to post them SOON!!!

Thanks for the support and the compliments!!!!

6 comments:

Baldemar said...

*Gasp!* TWO people are actually reading. ;)

Goodnapps said...

Sounds like you definitely did the right thing and may your 2nd time around continue to be filled with much blessings.

blackrussian said...

I discovered your blog MONTHS ago, maybe May? I could have SWORN I commented. I certainly did MEAN to, but I was just re-reading and I didn't see me.

I DID subscribe to your blog and had been waiting for you to update. So I came over right away as soon as I saw you'd posted a new entry.

I started my blog back in Feb., but it was sort of inactive for about 3 months. I didn't really get serious about it until Memorial Day Wknd.

I was just like you. SO EXCITED when people first started to stop by and leave comments. We SL bloggers really are like a family and we share the love.

Welcome!

Stop by my spot when you get a chance.

I'm glad you're happy with your new set of SLs.

Peace,

BR

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have been following and didn't know you got a second set of locks...when did this happen?

At any rate, I am glad you are happy. That is most important!

Abena Abena said...

Greetings,

Yes we are reading the blog and enjoying it (smile). Your locks are coming along nicely.

Maryee said...

Keep blogging!